The DE USRG at Digital Futures 2012 – DE All Hands
October 18, 2012
by Graeme Earl
The DE USRG will be represented by approximately 16 delegates at Digital Futures 2012 next week, all of whom are involved in posters, papers, or demos. These include seven papers, demos or posters by students from the RCUK DE Web Science DTC.
Delivering the Smart Grid: How digital technologies can change the way we generate, consume and think about energy – Alex Rogers
- Christopher Phethean, Thanassis Tiropanis and Lisa Harris. Measuring the Megaphone: How are Charities Using Social Media for Marketing?
- Philip Waddell, Clare Saunders and David Millard. Global Justice Networks and Web technologies in contentious politics
- Richard Fyson, Simon Coles and Leslie Carr. Dissemination through Disintermediation
- Nicole Beale and Gareth Beale. The Potential of Open Models for Public Archaeology
- Ramine Tinati, Leslie Carr, Susan Halford and Catherine Pope. Exploring the Impact of Adopting Open Data in the UK Government
Ramine has also been examining the twitter activity around #de2012. More details of the methods employed are introduced in the following eprint and also explained on the #SxSC2 social media post.
Identifying communicator roles in Twitter
Tinati, Ramine, Carr, Leslie, Hall, Wendy and Bentwood, Jonny (2012) Identifying communicator roles in Twitter. In, Mining Social Network Dynamics (MSND 2012), Lyon, FR, 16 – 20 Apr 2012. 8pp. (Submitted). […]
Video showing evolving #de2012 tweet network by @raminetinati.
- Michael Yip, Nigel Shadbolt, Thanassis Tiropanis and Craig Webber. The Digital Underground Economy: A Social Network Approach to Understanding Cybercrime
- Charlie Hargood, Danius Michaelides, Mark Weal, Leanne Morrison and Lucy Yardley. Digital Interventions on and off Mobile Devices
- Mike Fraser, Peter Bennett, Jarrod Knibbe, Rosamund Davies, Martyn Dade-Robertson and Graeme Earl. Making Time: Defining Rhythms in Archaeological Research
- Jack Townsend, Jason Noble, Gail Taylor and Nigel Shadbolt Conveying Sustainability Challenges using Open Data
Other Web Science DTC students in attendance
You can follow the @sotonDE people attending Digital Futures 2012 via our DigitalFutures list.
Categories: Blog and Other Events. Tags: #SMiLE, all hands, conference, digital futures 2012, and Web Science.