PhD Opportunities in Web Science
April 2, 2012
by Lisa Harris
Offer: A fully funded 4-year MSc/PhD studentship – annual stipend £13,590.00 (tax free) and all fees paid (Equals a monthly pay of £1,130)
Topic: Anything relevant to the Web, Social Networking, Semantic Web, e-commerce, e-learning etc.
We have 10 studentship opportunities to start this October. No need for computer science or programming experience.
The 4-year programme consists of a one year taught MSc course and then a 3-year PhD programme. Currently, we have students from the following disciplines:
* Law * Sociology * Economics * Geography * Electronics * Global Politics
* Psychology * Software Engineering * ITO * Archaeological Science
* History of Art * Criminal Justice * Museum Studies * Management
* International Relations * Philosophy * Multimedia applications
* National Sciences * Archaeology * Physics * Internet Engineering
* Computer Security * Computer Science
“The Web is one of the most disruptive and transformative innovations we have ever witnessed. We must understand the forces that have shaped it, anticipate its evolution and determine its future social and economic impact. But we must also research a next generation of the Web.” Professor Nigel Shadbolt, Research Director, Doctoral Training Centre.
We offer you the chance to be part of this new, exciting and pioneering research area.
Check out the PhD opportunities at the Web Science Doctoral Training Centre:
Application deadline: 31st May 2012