Work Futures in the Digital Economy
March 5, 2012
by Graeme Earl
Southampton University’s Work Futures USRG is hosting a two day symposium, March 22-23 2012, in collaboration with the Digital Economy USRG. The event will draw together some of the leading researchers in this field, from across a range of disciplines including Management, Sociology, Computer Science and Education.
- How is the digital economy changing working lives and work organizations?
- What kinds of education and skills are valuable in the digital economy?
- How is the local, national and global organization of work changing with or in response to digital technologies?
- What do careers look like in the digital economy?
- How are digital business models and modes of service delivery shaping new kinds of work and organization?
- Who is gaining and losing from the digitization of work?
- How/can governments and policy makers support a fair and vibrant digital economy for all?
These questions cut across disciplines, theoretical perspectives and methodological approaches. This symposium draws together expertise across these boundaries.
Categories: Other Events.